News and Updates
Access to Citizenship Office under PMO
- Dress in a decent manner and in official wear prior to accessing any PMO Offices.
- Those who are dressed with short trousers and wear caps are not allowed access to the PMO.
- The public is not allowed to use the lift or circulate in the corridor of our respective offices.
- Customers and clients must have prior appointments before they can ask to have access to the compound, or to see anyone working in the PMO. A security log book will be given to our sentry officers to monitor the movement of people and appointments.
- With the exception of Ministers, VIP and G vehicles as well as all private vehicles that do not belong to PMO staff, are not allowed to park in the Compound. Only authorized vehicle are allowed to enter the compound.
- Smoking is forbidden in the compound and office corridors.
- We will deny access to Citizenship customers if they do not comply with the regulations stated above.
Vanuatu Contribution Program (VCP)
Vanuatu Development Support Program (DSP)
CIIP suspension removed.
The Vanuatu government has decided to lift the suspension of the Capital Investment Immigration Plan(CIIP) as of 21 March 2016.
False advertisement in Hong kong.
The document reflects false advertisement by a company in Hongkong, It is important for clients to be aware of such false advertisement relating to production of fake/false citizenship documents.
Clients should obtained correct information by contacting the designated agents of the citizenship office/commission and the citizenship office.
Read more below to see examples of the type of false advertisements in Hong Kong
Honorary Citizenship through the Vanuatu Economic Rehabilitation Program (VERP)
On March 2015, Vanuatu was struck by Category 5 Cyclone Pam. Economic, social and government infrastructures were wholly or partly destroyed. The extent of the destruction to the economic infrastructure is huge and government needs huge financial resources to rebuild the economy. It is for this very reason that the government implemented the new Program - VERP.
The Program involves conferral of Honorary Citizenship by the President of the Republic of Vanuatu on the advice of the Prime Minister.
The Eligible candidates must meet the legal requirements under Section 20 of the Citizenship Act and VERP Regulations. More insights on the process are provided under Application Process relating Honorary Citizenship.
Amendments to the Citizenship Act [Cap 112]
The Citizenship Act has been amendended once in 2013 and twice in 2014. More insights on the amendments are provided by the attachments under Legislative Framework.
Interestingly, as per the amendments Vanuatu now recognises DUAL CITIZENSHIP. This practically means that a citizen of Vanuatu or of a state of other than Vanuatu may be granted dual citizenship.
The Citizenship Applications’ Fees and the actual Citizenship (Certificate) Fees have also been changed. [Please refer to the table of 'Fees and Charges' under Citizenship].
The Vanuatu Citizenship Application Forms have been recently systematically changed by being numbered. Hence, the true copy of Vanuatu Citizenship Application Forms can only be provided by the Citizenship Office directly to the applicants or consultants or any approved person who collects or processes the citizenship on behalf of the person wishing to get Vanuatu citizenship.
Due to the previous illegal and unreasonable activities by individuals, the current established Commission has revoked around almost 30 citizenships that were granted contrary to the Provisions of the Citizenship Act [Cap 112] and the national Constitution. While there is more suspicion of revocations, the Citizenship Office/Commission ensures that all applicants must apply in a proper process and in accordance with the provisions of the Citizenship Act and Constitution.