News and Updates
Due to the strict measures in response to COVID-19, Citizenship Certificates will continue the use of Video Conferencing to deliver Citizenship Certificates until further notice.Press Release: Oath Taking on Behalf of Vanuatu Citizenship Commission
The Vanuatu Development Support Program has a new Citizenship Nomination Checklist form that can be downloaded below:Vanuatu Development Support Program Citizenship Nomination Checklist
All DSP and VCP agents are required to adhere to Government stipulated pricing as set out in the Regulations Order 33 of 24 April 2019 (DSP) and Regulation Order 34 of 24 April 2019 (VCP). Refer to the directive below:
Enforcement of Government Prescribed Fees Directive
Enforcement of Government Prescribed Fees
- APPLICATION FOR THE GRANTING OF CITIZENSHIP BY NATURALISATION PURSUANT TO SECTION 12
- APPLICATION FOR CITIZENSHIP BY NON CITIZEN MARRIED TO A CITIZEN PURSUANT TO SECTION 10 OF THE CITIZENSHIP ACT [CAP 112]
- APPLICATION FOR CITIZENSHIP ENTITLEMENT PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 10 OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE REPUBLIC OF VANUATU
- APPLICATION FOR REGAIN CITIZENSHIP PURSUANT TO SECTION 18 OF THE CITIZENSHP ACT [CAP 112]
“The Vanuatu Government, through its Citizenship Commission and Citizenship Office, wishes to inform all its Citizenship Designated Agents and persons interested in its following Citizenship Programs:
- Citizenship Contribution Program.
- Honorary Citizenship Development Support Program.
That it does not recognize and will not accept any payments made under these two Programs by Bitcoin or Cryptocurrency.
It further wishes to state that the only currency that is being recognised legally and stated in the Regulations made under the Citizenship Act [CAP 112] for these two Programs, is the US Dollar.”
“The Vanuatu Government through its Citizenship Commission and Citizenship Office, wishes to advice all persons who are interested in its Citizenship Programs that there is no Real Estate Option Program attached to any of its Citizenship Programs.”
The Citizenship Commission reiterates that the oath of allegiance made by the applicant (and spouse) under these two programs should be in physical presence of a Commissioner for Oaths as prescribed by its Act. Due to the spread of CORONA VIRUS in Asia region and restriction borders , The Office of the Citizenship an/Commission has accepted digital media ( Video Conference ) for the Oaths presentation.
Access to Citizenship Office under PMO
- Dress in a decent manner and in official wear prior to accessing any PMO Offices.
- Those who are dressed with short trousers and wear caps are not allowed access to the PMO.
- The public is not allowed to use the lift or circulate in the corridor of our respective offices.
- Customers and clients must have prior appointments before they can ask to have access to the compound, or to see anyone working in the PMO. A security log book will be given to our sentry officers to monitor the movement of people and appointments.
- With the exception of Ministers, VIP and G vehicles as well as all private vehicles that do not belong to PMO staff, are not allowed to park in the Compound. Only authorized vehicle are allowed to enter the compound.
- Smoking is forbidden in the compound and office corridors.
- We will deny access to Citizenship customers if they do not comply with the regulations stated above.
Vanuatu Contribution Program (VCP)
Vanuatu Development Support Program (DSP)
CIIP suspension removed.
The Vanuatu government has decided to lift the suspension of the Capital Investment Immigration Plan(CIIP) as of 21 March 2016.
Amendments to the Citizenship Act [Cap 112]
The Citizenship Act has been amendended once in 2013 and twice in 2014. More insights on the amendments are provided by the attachments under Legislative Framework.
Interestingly, as per the amendments Vanuatu now recognises DUAL CITIZENSHIP. This practically means that a citizen of Vanuatu or of a state of other than Vanuatu may be granted dual citizenship.
The Citizenship Applications’ Fees and the actual Citizenship (Certificate) Fees have also been changed. [Please refer to the table of 'Fees and Charges' under Citizenship].
The Vanuatu Citizenship Application Forms have been recently systematically changed by being numbered. Hence, the true copy of Vanuatu Citizenship Application Forms can only be provided by the Citizenship Office directly to the applicants or consultants or any approved person who collects or processes the citizenship on behalf of the person wishing to get Vanuatu citizenship.
Due to the previous illegal and unreasonable activities by individuals, the current established Commission has revoked around almost 30 citizenships that were granted contrary to the Provisions of the Citizenship Act [Cap 112] and the national Constitution. While there is more suspicion of revocations, the Citizenship Office/Commission ensures that all applicants must apply in a proper process and in accordance with the provisions of the Citizenship Act and Constitution.